Sunday, December 5, 2010

Deeply offensive advertising in Trenton parish bulletins

The Most Reverend David M. O’Connell., C.M.
Bishop of Trenton
701 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrence, New Jersey

Your Excellency:

Congratulations and best wishes to you.

My family and I are not members of any parish in the Trenton Diocese. As a Bucks County native yourself, you certainly know that Bucks County Catholics are geographically very close to the parishes of Greater Trenton. In fact, my family and I live within walking distance of your beautiful Cathedral.

Your Excellency, I firmly believe that Catholic parishes and institutions need to disassociate themselves from those who prescribe/ dispense/ market abortifacients and contraceptives. Otherwise, our Church's proclamation of the sanctity of human life and marriage/family gets blurred. Unfortunately, there are even ads in Greater Trenton parish bulletins for providers of the notorious abortifacient Plan B. In some cases, those very pharmacists are proclaiming their Catholicism in the ads. I came across the following ads, this morning:






Please note that these particular ads are from parishes which are pastored by your current diocesan respect life director and a past diocesan respect life director, as well as from a parish where your diocesan chancelor is in residence. Under your predecessor, I tried to raise these concerns, but few seemed to agree with me on the inappropriateness of these ads.

I prayerfully and respectfully request that you consider adopting a policy for all parishes of refusing ads from any promoter (be it a convenience store, a physician, a pharmacy, a department store pharmacy, or a supermarket pharmacy) of abortifacients and contraceptives. With the coming week featuring the Feasts of the Immaculate Conception and Our Lady of Guadalupe, what a beautiful time it would be to adopt such a policy.

I will follow-up this email with a hard copy of my letter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Beatitudes from "Jesus of Nazareth"

 

Use of Emergency So-Called Contraceptives in Catholic Hospitals for Those Reporting Rape

Book & Film Reviews, pt 1

Book & Film Reviews, pt 2


Blog Archive

And yup, that's me!

And yup, that's me!
(from page 1 of the NY Sun, 3/22/04)

Total Pageviews

March for Life 2010

CatholicsComeHome.org